Cash injection for community workshops at Stratford theatre
A new partnership has generated £20,000 for Theatre Royal Stratford East to host arts workshops for young people.
Property developer, Telford Homes, the other half of the joint venture, has provided the cash to support the theatre’s work and encourage new talent in the community.
As well as workshops, the money will go towards getting people involved in confidence building events and activities like choir.
The partnership will also enable participants to perform at the Telford Homes offices for its staff.
Mary Caws, executive director of the theatre said: “We are delighted that Telford Homes have chosen to become a priority business partner.
You may also want to watch:
As a charity we need to raise significant funds each year to be able to continue our ground-breaking work and remain accessible to the local community. “New business partnerships such as the one we have now formed with Telford Homes are an important part of our future.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley