Carpetright to celebrate 25th birthday at Canning Town store
- Credit: Archant
A leading carpet retailer is celebrating their 25th anniversary with special event at their first ever store in Canning Town.
Carpetright, founded in 1988 by Lord Harris, was started as a small shop operating from a central warehouse in Essex, but has since grown to become the UK’s top floor retailer with 586 stores.
Lord Harris, 71, will be marking the anniversary at the store in Manor Road, on Saturday, November 30 by visiting staff and customers and offering a 10 per cent discount on all flooring ranges.
Lord Harris said: “This really is the place where it all started for Carpetright, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our dedicated staff and loyal customers for their ongoing support without which this wouldn’t have been possible.
“As we continue to develop and grow the brand, we look forward to 25 more years of even more success.”
You may also want to watch:
• Get a 10 per cent discount by grabbing this week’s issue of the Newham Recorder and bringing the coupon into the store.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration