Carpetright to celebrate 25th birthday at Canning Town store
- Credit: Archant
A leading carpet retailer is celebrating their 25th anniversary with special event at their first ever store in Canning Town.
Carpetright, founded in 1988 by Lord Harris, was started as a small shop operating from a central warehouse in Essex, but has since grown to become the UK’s top floor retailer with 586 stores.
Lord Harris, 71, will be marking the anniversary at the store in Manor Road, on Saturday, November 30 by visiting staff and customers and offering a 10 per cent discount on all flooring ranges.
Lord Harris said: “This really is the place where it all started for Carpetright, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our dedicated staff and loyal customers for their ongoing support without which this wouldn’t have been possible.
“As we continue to develop and grow the brand, we look forward to 25 more years of even more success.”
You may also want to watch:
• Get a 10 per cent discount by grabbing this week’s issue of the Newham Recorder and bringing the coupon into the store.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim