Carnival atmosphere at Central Park for Mayor’s Newham Show
- Credit: Archant
The carnival atmosphere gripped the thousands that descended on East Ham this afternoon for the first day of the Mayor’s Newham Show.
Inspired by the World Cup in Brazil, samba rhythms and steel-drum beats provided the soundtrack for a sun-kissed Central Park.
Hundreds of children, young people and community groups also took to the streets to showcase a diverse range of music and dancing as part of a colourful procession.
In the park, revellers were treated to a seaside experience at ‘Newham Beach’ while Bob the Builder entertained children with a selection of hits.
For a full review of the whole weekend, pick up Wednesday’s copy of the Recorder.
You may also want to watch:
Were you at the Newham Show? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work