Carers rewarded during week of free events
Carers will be celebrated and recognised for their work during a series of free events in Newham.
A family fun day at Chargeable Lane Resource Centre in Plaistow is among the treats on offer to coincide with Carers Week, which runs from June 9 to 15.
Dr Anil Shah, Newham Clinical Commissioning Group carers lead, said: “We understand the important part carers play and as the commissioners of local health services we will be focusing on providing more support to carers in the future.”
Grainne Siggins, director of Adult Social Care at Newham Council, added: “Working in partnership with carers themselves, and with various statutory and voluntary organisations, we will continue providing support to carers so they can continue caring, and have a life outside of caring.”
Information stalls will appear across the borough in different locations every day during Carers Week.
You may also want to watch:
Full details of events across Newham are available online by visiting newham.gov.uk/carersweek
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?