CareersBuzz launched at University of East London
A new careers service for young people in Newham was launched at the University of East London (UEL) last week.
CareersBuzz is a community interest company sponsored by the institution and CareersINFO, which will offer advice to young people aged between 14 and 19 years old.
The scheme, operating from a vehicle on the Docklands campus, is aimed at those at risk of reaching NEET (not in education, employment or training) status. It is available to visit the borough’s secondary schools.
CareersBuzz will also support professional development for teachers and career guidance professionals.
Professor Rachel Mulvey, from the UEL, said: “We’re delighted that CareersBuzz is finally up and running and we really hope this will make a positive impact on the lives of young people.
You may also want to watch:
“While the service will offer practical and impartial advice, CareersBuzz will also provide a fun and interactive way to find out about the wide range of different career options that are available.”
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 6 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs