CareersBuzz launched at University of East London
A new careers service for young people in Newham was launched at the University of East London (UEL) last week.
CareersBuzz is a community interest company sponsored by the institution and CareersINFO, which will offer advice to young people aged between 14 and 19 years old.
The scheme, operating from a vehicle on the Docklands campus, is aimed at those at risk of reaching NEET (not in education, employment or training) status. It is available to visit the borough’s secondary schools.
CareersBuzz will also support professional development for teachers and career guidance professionals.
Professor Rachel Mulvey, from the UEL, said: “We’re delighted that CareersBuzz is finally up and running and we really hope this will make a positive impact on the lives of young people.
You may also want to watch:
“While the service will offer practical and impartial advice, CareersBuzz will also provide a fun and interactive way to find out about the wide range of different career options that are available.”
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79