CareersBuzz launched at University of East London
A new careers service for young people in Newham was launched at the University of East London (UEL) last week.
CareersBuzz is a community interest company sponsored by the institution and CareersINFO, which will offer advice to young people aged between 14 and 19 years old.
The scheme, operating from a vehicle on the Docklands campus, is aimed at those at risk of reaching NEET (not in education, employment or training) status. It is available to visit the borough’s secondary schools.
CareersBuzz will also support professional development for teachers and career guidance professionals.
Professor Rachel Mulvey, from the UEL, said: “We’re delighted that CareersBuzz is finally up and running and we really hope this will make a positive impact on the lives of young people.
You may also want to watch:
“While the service will offer practical and impartial advice, CareersBuzz will also provide a fun and interactive way to find out about the wide range of different career options that are available.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley