Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- Credit: @LDNBabboeCity
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving related offences after a car smashed through the wall of a house in Maryland.
Firefighters, police and paramedics were called to Keogh Road following the crash this morning (February 23).
The black Mercedes-Benz, which is less than a year old and weighs more than 2,000kg, hit street furniture before smacking into the end-of-terrace house.
Firefighters helped one man out of the car. He was treated at the scene by London Ambulance crews.
Three people managed to get out of the house before the brigade arrived. One person was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Met police spokesperson said: "A man was arrested on suspicion of drink drive related offences.
"He is not believed to have sustained any significant injuries. Police are not aware of any other injured parties."
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 5 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
- 9 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
Officers are continuing to make enquiries.
The brigade was called at 4.30am and the incident was over for firefighters 90 minutes later.
Two fire engines from Stratford and Leytonstone and two fire rescue units from East Ham and Edmonton stations attended the scene.