Car ‘impaled’ on railings after East Ham road accident
The driver of this silver Honda had a lucky escape after a road accident in High Street North, East Ham yesterday.
Shocked pedestrians scattered as the car hit railings close to East Ham underground station at about 6pm.
Traffic was held up for about 15 minutes while police investigated the incident. An East Ham fire crew also attended the scene after reports the car was leaking fuel.
Nobody was hurt, but the railings, carrying an advert for this weekend’s Mayor’s Newham Show were severely damaged.
The area was busy with commuters at the time.
Eyewitness Todd Russell said: “The car was impaled on the railings. There was some traffic afterwards.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex