Car ‘impaled’ on railings after East Ham road accident
The driver of this silver Honda had a lucky escape after a road accident in High Street North, East Ham yesterday.
Shocked pedestrians scattered as the car hit railings close to East Ham underground station at about 6pm.
Traffic was held up for about 15 minutes while police investigated the incident. An East Ham fire crew also attended the scene after reports the car was leaking fuel.
Nobody was hurt, but the railings, carrying an advert for this weekend’s Mayor’s Newham Show were severely damaged.
The area was busy with commuters at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitness Todd Russell said: “The car was impaled on the railings. There was some traffic afterwards.”
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers