Car fire halts traffic on A13 Newham Way
Blaze delays commuters
A blazing car in the middle of the A13 last night left two lanes badly scorched and caused major traffic problems.
Firefighters from Plaistow station tackled the blaze on the Newham Way at the Prince Regent Lane Junction at 6pm yesterday.
Two people in the black Volskwagen Polo alight on the eastbound carriageway were uninjured.
This morning, two lanes of the A13 are closed for resurfacing and traffic is backed up.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19