Car fire halts traffic on A13 Newham Way
Blaze delays commuters
A blazing car in the middle of the A13 last night left two lanes badly scorched and caused major traffic problems.
Firefighters from Plaistow station tackled the blaze on the Newham Way at the Prince Regent Lane Junction at 6pm yesterday.
Two people in the black Volskwagen Polo alight on the eastbound carriageway were uninjured.
This morning, two lanes of the A13 are closed for resurfacing and traffic is backed up.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines