Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association
Crowding on a station platform was caused by absent drivers and does not represent the Tube network, says TfL.
Transport for London responded after footage shared on social media showed workers piling onto a train at Canning Town station this morning (January 14).
Three Jubilee line trains serving the hub were cancelled at short notice due to staff absence which forced more people to wait on platforms, TfL has said.
Nick Dent, London Underground’s director of line operations, said: “This morning’s video is not representative of the rest of the Tube network nor of this station for the rest of the day.
“We are doing everything we can to help ensure those who need to travel for legally permitted reasons are able to do so in a safe way and maintain social distancing."
You may also want to watch:
TfL is running a near normal service and urging passengers to travel between 8:15am and 4pm and after 5.30pm on weekdays, which it says are significantly quieter times on the network.
Mr Dent added: "TfL has also been working closely with the construction industry and large employers in the area to encourage staggering shifts and operating hours to ease demand, and advice has been sent to the TfL supply chain and construction companies through Build UK.”
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 9 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
The interchange between the DLR and Jubilee line at the station sometimes causes busy platforms that are cleared by the next Jubilee train to arrive.