Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association
Crowding on a station platform was caused by absent drivers and does not represent the Tube network, says TfL.
Transport for London responded after footage shared on social media showed workers piling onto a train at Canning Town station this morning (January 14).
Three Jubilee line trains serving the hub were cancelled at short notice due to staff absence which forced more people to wait on platforms, TfL has said.
Nick Dent, London Underground’s director of line operations, said: “This morning’s video is not representative of the rest of the Tube network nor of this station for the rest of the day.
“We are doing everything we can to help ensure those who need to travel for legally permitted reasons are able to do so in a safe way and maintain social distancing."
You may also want to watch:
TfL is running a near normal service and urging passengers to travel between 8:15am and 4pm and after 5.30pm on weekdays, which it says are significantly quieter times on the network.
Mr Dent added: "TfL has also been working closely with the construction industry and large employers in the area to encourage staggering shifts and operating hours to ease demand, and advice has been sent to the TfL supply chain and construction companies through Build UK.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
The interchange between the DLR and Jubilee line at the station sometimes causes busy platforms that are cleared by the next Jubilee train to arrive.