Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- Credit: LFB
Firefighters have brought a blaze under control at a block of flats that is being built in Canning Town.
Ten fire engines and 70 firefighters attended the fire in a three room flat on the second floor of the 12-storey building in Brunel Street.
London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called to the scene just after 1.15pm today (May 11), with crews from as far afield as Hornchurch on site.
The fire was under control by around 2.35pm.
An LFB spokesperson said: "A significant part of the flat was damaged by the fire and no injuries were reported.
"The cause of the fire will be investigated by the brigade."
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 7 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more