Canning Town Print firm looks for more staff
A rapidly expanding print and design company which recently moved to Canning Town is looking to hire extra staff.
FDM Group has relocated from Tower Hamlets to a new 40,000 sg ft facility in Bidder Street with modern office and production space.
Cllr Lester Hudson, deputy mayor of Newham, was given a tour of the building last week and was met by Jim Fletcher, the company’s managing director.
Founded in 1993, the company holds more than 40 contracts and frameworks, including the newly awarded ‘2012 Government Procurement Services Print Framework’.
It will be working with Workplace, the council’s job brokerage scheme, to recruit additional workers for peak times such as elections and year-end billing.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hudson said: “We know that this company is already delivering significant benefits to our community and we look forward to building on our relationship with them.”
An FDM spokesman added: “Being based in Newham is giving us the opportunity to really develop our business over the coming years and play a part in Newham’s regeneration.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
“Not only are we committed to recruiting local people but we want to work with the council to develop further opportunities for growth.”