Canning Town Print firm looks for more staff
A rapidly expanding print and design company which recently moved to Canning Town is looking to hire extra staff.
FDM Group has relocated from Tower Hamlets to a new 40,000 sg ft facility in Bidder Street with modern office and production space.
Cllr Lester Hudson, deputy mayor of Newham, was given a tour of the building last week and was met by Jim Fletcher, the company’s managing director.
Founded in 1993, the company holds more than 40 contracts and frameworks, including the newly awarded ‘2012 Government Procurement Services Print Framework’.
It will be working with Workplace, the council’s job brokerage scheme, to recruit additional workers for peak times such as elections and year-end billing.
Cllr Hudson said: “We know that this company is already delivering significant benefits to our community and we look forward to building on our relationship with them.”
An FDM spokesman added: “Being based in Newham is giving us the opportunity to really develop our business over the coming years and play a part in Newham’s regeneration.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 4 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
“Not only are we committed to recruiting local people but we want to work with the council to develop further opportunities for growth.”