Canning Town Print firm looks for more staff
A rapidly expanding print and design company which recently moved to Canning Town is looking to hire extra staff.
FDM Group has relocated from Tower Hamlets to a new 40,000 sg ft facility in Bidder Street with modern office and production space.
Cllr Lester Hudson, deputy mayor of Newham, was given a tour of the building last week and was met by Jim Fletcher, the company’s managing director.
Founded in 1993, the company holds more than 40 contracts and frameworks, including the newly awarded ‘2012 Government Procurement Services Print Framework’.
It will be working with Workplace, the council’s job brokerage scheme, to recruit additional workers for peak times such as elections and year-end billing.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hudson said: “We know that this company is already delivering significant benefits to our community and we look forward to building on our relationship with them.”
An FDM spokesman added: “Being based in Newham is giving us the opportunity to really develop our business over the coming years and play a part in Newham’s regeneration.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
“Not only are we committed to recruiting local people but we want to work with the council to develop further opportunities for growth.”