Canning Town Print firm looks for more staff
A rapidly expanding print and design company which recently moved to Canning Town is looking to hire extra staff.
FDM Group has relocated from Tower Hamlets to a new 40,000 sg ft facility in Bidder Street with modern office and production space.
Cllr Lester Hudson, deputy mayor of Newham, was given a tour of the building last week and was met by Jim Fletcher, the company’s managing director.
Founded in 1993, the company holds more than 40 contracts and frameworks, including the newly awarded ‘2012 Government Procurement Services Print Framework’.
It will be working with Workplace, the council’s job brokerage scheme, to recruit additional workers for peak times such as elections and year-end billing.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Hudson said: “We know that this company is already delivering significant benefits to our community and we look forward to building on our relationship with them.”
An FDM spokesman added: “Being based in Newham is giving us the opportunity to really develop our business over the coming years and play a part in Newham’s regeneration.
- 1 Neighbour reports 'intolerable' antisocial car meets around ABBA Arena building site
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Campaigners claim ULEZ expansion benefit 'undone' by Silvertown Tunnel project
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 8 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
“Not only are we committed to recruiting local people but we want to work with the council to develop further opportunities for growth.”