Canning Town nursery unveils new look with iconic mural
- Credit: Archant
A nursery has unveiled a colourful new look featuring iconic London images with a donation of paint.
Moksliukas Nursery, on Radland Road, forms part of the Lithuanian Christian Church and has provided childcare to the local community for the past three years.
Staff at the nursery were keen to paint a London-themed mural on the gable end of the building, as a tribute to the city and also to teach the children about their surroundings.
Volunteers rolled up their sleeves to create the mural, which includes Tower Bridge, the London Eye, a Beefeater and a red London bus, using paints donated by Dulux Decorator Centres in Barking.
The donation was made as part of the Let’s Colour mission to add colour to people’s lives, after nursery treasurer, Svetlana Karpaviciene, nominated the project online.
You may also want to watch:
Svetlana said: “We’re incredibly grateful for the paint donation, which has made such a huge impact on our nursery - the children were blown away by the finished mural.
“We like to encourage the children to ask questions as part of their learning and the images on the wall have definitely helped. We’ve also heard a lot of great feedback from parents when they drop off and collect their children.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory