Canning Town nursery unveils new look with iconic mural
- Credit: Archant
A nursery has unveiled a colourful new look featuring iconic London images with a donation of paint.
Moksliukas Nursery, on Radland Road, forms part of the Lithuanian Christian Church and has provided childcare to the local community for the past three years.
Staff at the nursery were keen to paint a London-themed mural on the gable end of the building, as a tribute to the city and also to teach the children about their surroundings.
Volunteers rolled up their sleeves to create the mural, which includes Tower Bridge, the London Eye, a Beefeater and a red London bus, using paints donated by Dulux Decorator Centres in Barking.
The donation was made as part of the Let’s Colour mission to add colour to people’s lives, after nursery treasurer, Svetlana Karpaviciene, nominated the project online.
You may also want to watch:
Svetlana said: “We’re incredibly grateful for the paint donation, which has made such a huge impact on our nursery - the children were blown away by the finished mural.
“We like to encourage the children to ask questions as part of their learning and the images on the wall have definitely helped. We’ve also heard a lot of great feedback from parents when they drop off and collect their children.”
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike