Canning Town nursery’s mural is shortlisted for £1000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A nursery’s new mural could win them £1000 after it was shortlisted as one of the country’s top 20 works of art.
The wall of Moksliukas Nursery was decorated with a London themed design after receiving a donation from the Dulux Let’s Colour scheme earlier this year.
The scheme are now holding a competition for one venue to further improve the site, awarding £1000 to whichever gets the most votes on the Facebook page.
The nursery, which is part of the Lithuanian Christian Church, will find out whether they have won the money when voting closes on Tuesday, December 3.
Project leader, Svetlana Karpaviciene, who originally nominated the project online, said: “When we heard we’d been shortlisted for the prize, we were absolutely over the moon. Now we’re encouraging everyone we know to vote for our project, as the £1,000 would make such a huge difference to our nursery.”
You may also want to watch:
The mural, on Radland Road, was designed to teach children about the city they live in.
To vote, visit the Dulux Let’s Colour page.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross