Canning Town nursery’s mural is shortlisted for £1000 prize
- Credit: Archant
A nursery’s new mural could win them £1000 after it was shortlisted as one of the country’s top 20 works of art.
The wall of Moksliukas Nursery was decorated with a London themed design after receiving a donation from the Dulux Let’s Colour scheme earlier this year.
The scheme are now holding a competition for one venue to further improve the site, awarding £1000 to whichever gets the most votes on the Facebook page.
The nursery, which is part of the Lithuanian Christian Church, will find out whether they have won the money when voting closes on Tuesday, December 3.
Project leader, Svetlana Karpaviciene, who originally nominated the project online, said: “When we heard we’d been shortlisted for the prize, we were absolutely over the moon. Now we’re encouraging everyone we know to vote for our project, as the £1,000 would make such a huge difference to our nursery.”
The mural, on Radland Road, was designed to teach children about the city they live in.
To vote, visit the Dulux Let’s Colour page.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 8 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London