Canning Town model stars in advertisement campaign
- Credit: Archant
An aspiring model from Canning Town is one step closer to the big time after starring in mobile phone company Samsung’s latest advertising campaign.
Levente Jakab beat off competition to be selected as one of the faces of the Galaxy Alpha smartphone, and has already spotted himself in the media.
“I was in the Sunday Times magazine last weekend, which was a bit surreal, and I’ve been in the Guardian too,” he said.
The 32-year-old’s victory in the #beyourownlabel competition saw him become one of just two people selected to take part in the £10 million promotional campaign which also stars singer Lily Allen.
He and his fellow competition winner are part of 56 ‘Alpha Britons’, selected to represent style found in towns and cities across the nation.
“I had to upload a photo of myself on the Samsung Facebook page and a few days later, I got a message to say I’d won,” he said.
“I had to go to central London for the shoot, which was on the top of a building.”
- 1 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 2 West Ham United tie is big deal for Danes warns Reid
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 5 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 6 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 7 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 8 We want everyone to contribute says Leyton Orient boss Wellens
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
Originally from Hungary, Levente keeps himself busy in his free time.
He’s a keen dancer, enjoying both ballroom and tango, and also dabbles in acting and writing.
Levente spent four years as the manager of an art gallery and wine bar in Swansea before moving to London to pursue a modelling career.
It seems that the gamble has already paid off, as he has been selected to participate in the grand final of the Top Model UK 2015 competition.
He is already looking forward to taking to the catwalk at Marylebone’s Hilton Metropole hotel in March.
Levente said: “It’s a great opportunity, and it’s so exciting.”
And the news came through just days after finding out about his Samsung role.
“Everything’s happening really fast,” he said. “All of my dreams are coming true.”