Canning Town fire damages fifth floor balcony
- Credit: Archant
A fire damaged a balcony on the fifth floor of a high rise block of flats in Canning Town.
Six fire engines and 35 firefighters and officers attended the fire in Seagull Lane on Friday evening.
Fire crews had to force open the door to the flat to put out the blaze.
No-one was injured in the incident and there was little damage to the flat.
Fire engines from Poplar, Millwall, East Ham, Plaistow, East Greenwich and Stratford fire stations were called to the incident at 6.04pm and brought the fire under control by 6.41pm.
You may also want to watch:
The fire is believed to have started accidentally.
London Fire Brigade recently launched a campaign called Know the Plan designed to improve awareness of fire safety for the residents of high rise buildings and purpose built blocks.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
For more information, visit knowtheplan.co.uk