Canning Town children meet professionals at careers fair
An actress, a doctor and a solicitor were just some of the professionals who met children at a primary school during a careers fair.
The youngsters at Star Primary in Star Lane, Canning Town, enjoyed visits from professionals working for various employers in Newham.
There were firemen from Plaistow, a doctor, an actress, a solicitor, a script writer, a politician, businessmen and charity workers, all from local organisations and employers.
They included representatives from West Ham Football Club, a plumber, electrician and decorator from Style decor services, Hannah Bosely from Richard House hospice, Emma Worby from London City Airport, Patrick Phipps a local businessman, BBC scriptwriter Laura Shaw, Rokeby teacher Shantelle Hendrickson, Sooky Lum from Great Ormond Street Hospital, doctor Kirsty Matthews, actress Channelle Owen, solicitor Charlie Mitchell,
Ekene Balogun from the N.S.P.C.C and Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Havercan, P.S.H.C.E. co-ordinator at the school, said: “The Jobs Fair was very successful everyone who took part thouroughly enjoyed it and said that the children asked very interesting questions. The whole purpose of the event was to inspire our children and improve their aspirations for their future life.
“The children enjoyed it because they met a wide range of people from different professions.”
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses