Canning Town children meet professionals at careers fair
An actress, a doctor and a solicitor were just some of the professionals who met children at a primary school during a careers fair.
The youngsters at Star Primary in Star Lane, Canning Town, enjoyed visits from professionals working for various employers in Newham.
There were firemen from Plaistow, a doctor, an actress, a solicitor, a script writer, a politician, businessmen and charity workers, all from local organisations and employers.
They included representatives from West Ham Football Club, a plumber, electrician and decorator from Style decor services, Hannah Bosely from Richard House hospice, Emma Worby from London City Airport, Patrick Phipps a local businessman, BBC scriptwriter Laura Shaw, Rokeby teacher Shantelle Hendrickson, Sooky Lum from Great Ormond Street Hospital, doctor Kirsty Matthews, actress Channelle Owen, solicitor Charlie Mitchell,
Ekene Balogun from the N.S.P.C.C and Newham Mayor Sir Robin Wales.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Havercan, P.S.H.C.E. co-ordinator at the school, said: “The Jobs Fair was very successful everyone who took part thouroughly enjoyed it and said that the children asked very interesting questions. The whole purpose of the event was to inspire our children and improve their aspirations for their future life.
“The children enjoyed it because they met a wide range of people from different professions.”
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 3 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham