Canning Town Caravanserai hosts charity music festival
- Credit: Archant
Move over, Reading and Leeds.
East London played host to its very own music festival over the bank holiday weekend as Canning Town Calling came to the Caravanserai.
Held over two days, it saw 21 bands and singer-songwriters take to the stage for a free outdoor music and arts festival.
It was organised by Newham-based organisations E13 Music and Flat50 Arts to raise money for the Celia Hammond Animal Trust.
Organiser Paul Jones said: “We thoroughly enjoyed the whole event, thank you to all our acts, friends & supporters for making it a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
“Celia Hammond Animal Trust has helped us out with our pets in the past and we wanted to do something to return the favour.”
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences