Cancer charity fundraiser in Stratford seeking raffle donations
A charity fundraiser will be held in Stratford to raise money for Mcmillan Cancer Support and raise awareness about cancer.
The low-key event on Friday (May 16) in Vicarage Lane Community Centre is being organised by Donna Stroude, who was diagnosed with breast cancer exactly one year earlier.
Donna and her friend Charlotte Wigley are seeking donations for a raffle, and will provide a plate of food, a slice of cake and a soft drink to paying attendees.
Tickets for the event from 7pm to 10pm are £15, and all money charged will go to McMillan.
Donna, who has looked after her six children while in treatment, said: “For me, it’s a way to celebrate my hair growing back. I’m feeling a lot more like myself.
“One of the things we don’t realise about cancer is that you’re whole life changes.
“But it’s true what you see on the TV that McMillan helps you.”
- 1 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 2 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 7 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Beckton man jailed for role in drugs gang after £2m cannabis plants seizure
She added: “If people are out there going through this, get the help that you need. It’s changed my life for the better. They do help. They are there. Whoever you are, you’re not on your own.”
Donna advised readers not to be scared, and to go to a doctor for a check up straight away if you think you may have symptoms.
To donate to the raffle or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.