Canary Wharf hotel staff help Beckton children’s hospice
Volunteers from a hotel chain helped transform the garden at a children’s hospice.
Staff from Hilton London Canary Wharf celebrated its second annual Hilton Worldwide Global Week of Service (October 6 to 12) with two days volunteering at Richard House Hospice in Beckton.
They helped to transform the hospice garden into a tranquil haven in the middle of the city. They also hosted a dinner party for the children and families of hospice residents at its Canary Wharf hotel.
Oliver Stockland, general manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, said: “We’ve really enjoyed working with the Richard House Children’s Hospice and I’m extremely proud of the team’s efforts. It’s been wonderful to partner with such a worthwhile charity.”
Viv Talbot, community fundraising manager at Richard House, said: “Hilton London Canary Wharf has helped us in so many ways over the past few months – from tidying the hospice gardens through to hosting a Midsummer Ball. It was also great for the hotel to host a special dinner for some of our children and their families. The staff went out of their way to make the evening as much fun as possible for everyone. The emphasis at Richard House is on LIVING and creating as many happy memories as possible, and that is certainly what was achieved on that evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Global Week of Service is Hilton Worldwide’s largest annual volunteer service initiative.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike