Calling all quiz night lovers - come and join the battle of the brains in Newham!
Come on down and join the battle of the brain boxes and raise vital funds for the Christmas appeal at the heart of life in Newham.
The quiz night competition on December 1 is a chance to raise money for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal.
Our annual challenge quiz will be held from 7.30pm. Participants can arrive from 7pm at Links’ base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
It always provide tension, drama and above all else, fun. The Recorder’s own teams will be there.
Tables of eight cost just �75, which will enable a family of disadvantaged children to have a really special Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
As well as the chance to hold the trophy for a year, each member of the winning team will get a bottle of wine.
Previous quiz nights at the venue have been oversubscribed, and with interest already running high, early booking is recommended.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
If you want to enter a team, contact Kevin Jenkins, Paula Blake or one of the Toy Appeal team at Community Links on (020) 7473 2270.
Each table taken up equates to another family of children having a Christmas to remember this year.
There will be prizes for the winners and lemons for the losers! You are welcome to bring your own drinks and nibbles.
The demand for tables increases every year so please book early to avoid disappointment.