Cafe in Central Park East Ham is launched with a super party
Cafe launched with super party
There was a great party in Central Park, East Ham, last week for the official opening of the Kitchen Table@Central Park.
East Ham MP Stephen Timms came along to the party with his wife, Leng, and spoke of his love of the cafe building @ Central Park and how pleased he is that The Kitchen Table team are now running it.
The party went with a swing led by music from Echo a gospel band and Candy Apple Blue an East Ham based group who played and sang many well known numbers.
Over 100 people enjoyed the afternoon including representatives of several community groups that the Kitchen Table team works in partnership with including Three Mills Craft association, Patiko Baker project and Community Links.
You may also want to watch:
Ola Rug, Newham Council’s parks development worker spoke of looking forward to working with the Kitchen Table team to plan lots of fun events in the cafe for local people.
The Kitchen Table Cafe @ Central Park is open seven days a week from 10-6pm. Anyone who comes in during June with a copy of the article in the Newham Recorder will be entitled to a free tea, coffee or fruit juice.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
The Kitchen Table team who have been running the Cafe @ St. Barts’s church for the past three years, and have now branched out to run the Central Park cafe.