Cafe and events operator needed for playground in Olympic Park
The company overseeing the Olympic Park is looking for its first food and drink supplier to run a cafe next to a �1million playground.
The London Legacy Development Corporation is looking for experienced caf� operators to lease and operate an 80 seat caf�, along with a community and events space, opening next summer.
The purpose build caf�, designed by Bam Nuttall, will be near what is being billed as one of the UK’s best children’s playgrounds to be build in the north of the park.
The corporation interim chief executive, Dennis Hone, predicts the cafe will become the area’s “beating heart”.
He said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to be not just the first food supplier on the park but to become part of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“It will become a place for parents to relax whilst children explore the delights of the adjacent play area.
“The events space could be used for learning, exhibitions, celebrations, whatever local people need.”
- 1 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 4 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 5 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 8 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 9 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 10 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will open in phases from July 2013 to spring 2014.