Cafe and events operator needed for playground in Olympic Park
The company overseeing the Olympic Park is looking for its first food and drink supplier to run a cafe next to a �1million playground.
The London Legacy Development Corporation is looking for experienced caf� operators to lease and operate an 80 seat caf�, along with a community and events space, opening next summer.
The purpose build caf�, designed by Bam Nuttall, will be near what is being billed as one of the UK’s best children’s playgrounds to be build in the north of the park.
The corporation interim chief executive, Dennis Hone, predicts the cafe will become the area’s “beating heart”.
He said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to be not just the first food supplier on the park but to become part of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“It will become a place for parents to relax whilst children explore the delights of the adjacent play area.
“The events space could be used for learning, exhibitions, celebrations, whatever local people need.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park will open in phases from July 2013 to spring 2014.