Busy day for Orient boss Slade as he signs three players
Campbell-Ryce is back at the O’s
Orient boss Russell Slade has moved quickly to strengthen his squad following Tuesday night’s 4-2 defeat at Wycombe - by signing three new players.
Bristol City winger Jamal Campbell-Ryce and Sunderland midfielder Adam Reed have both signed on loan until the end of the season, while former Brighton man Jamie Smith has joined on a short-term development contract.
The trio arrive following the exit of striker Jonathan Tehoue who joined Swindon on loan yesterday (Wednesday).
It gives Slade more selection choices ahead of Saturday’s game at Tranmere as he looks to freshen up his injury-hit squad.
You may also want to watch:
Campbell-Ryce has been on loan at Orient before when he was a youngster at Charlton and Slade said: “There was competition for Jamal’s signature so we are delighted that he has decided to join us.
“He is an established Championship player and will add energy to our play as well as a certain know-how.”
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Slade was also delighted to sign Reed, who spent a loan spell at Brentford last season.
“He is technically very sound and has a combative side to his game, so he will be a big asset to us.”
While 22-year-old Smith has been training at the club recently and the former Brighton man links up once again with Slade.
“Technically, he’s very good on the ball and he has got a couple of months to prove himself while he’s on a development contract here,” said Slade.