Campaign aims to reward pledges of kindness
- Credit: PA
A kind gesture could see you win a gift or experience worth up to £100 in a new initiative aimed at uniting the community.
The Stratford Together campaign has been launched by the Stratford Original business improvement district, with anyone who makes a pledge of kindness before December 6 in with a chance of winning a prize from one of the area's independent businesses or cultural venues.
These pledges could include cooking dinner for a neighbour, supporting a school fundraising appeal or even just taking more time for yourself. Ten winners will be chosen at random.
Effie Kostopoulou, Stratford Original's placemaking manager, said: "We have seen messages of hope and compassion shared via online social networks and in public spaces since the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic.
"In these difficult times, here in Stratford, we want to play our part in boosting positivity and a sense of togetherness."
Marketing coordinator Candace Gerlach added: "Having local businesses support this campaign is a credit to our business community and the collaborative nature of the work we do."
To make a pledge, visit stratfordoriginal.com/makeapledge
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 4 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 7 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 8 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week