Plans to turn Forest Gate corner shop into restaurant
- Credit: Google
Plans have been submitted to turn a Forest Gate corner shop into a restaurant.
A planning application for 91 Upton Lane, located at the corner of Grosvenor Road, proposes changing an existing shop from retail to restaurant use and a vacant office at the rear of the site to café use.
The proposal includes external alterations to existing facades and creating a new front.
According to the planning statement by architects, the new venue would offer “healthy food to promote healthy eating and living” as the site is adjacent to St Angela's Ursuline School.
“This proposal values the vision for the area and its regeneration and supports the need for sustainable economic development in the area, providing for the needs of the growing population in the area,” the statement reads.
You may also want to watch:
It adds that the proposed shopfront alterations would not detract from the character or visual amenity of the surroundings.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order