Plans to turn Forest Gate corner shop into restaurant
- Credit: Google
Plans have been submitted to turn a Forest Gate corner shop into a restaurant.
A planning application for 91 Upton Lane, located at the corner of Grosvenor Road, proposes changing an existing shop from retail to restaurant use and a vacant office at the rear of the site to café use.
The proposal includes external alterations to existing facades and creating a new front.
According to the planning statement by architects, the new venue would offer “healthy food to promote healthy eating and living” as the site is adjacent to St Angela's Ursuline School.
“This proposal values the vision for the area and its regeneration and supports the need for sustainable economic development in the area, providing for the needs of the growing population in the area,” the statement reads.
You may also want to watch:
It adds that the proposed shopfront alterations would not detract from the character or visual amenity of the surroundings.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns