Pictures: Businesses come together for East London Expo 2013
- Credit: Archant
Businesses gathered to network and showcase their services at the East London Expo 2013.
The event saw around 50 companies and organisations hold stalls at Barking Rugby Club, in Gale Street, Dagenham on Wednesday.
There were also business seminars throughout the day with high profile speakers, a chance to meet business mentors and an evening networking session.
Visitors included Barking and Dagenham Mayor Cllr Hardial Singh Rai and Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
Among those exhibiting were Ceme, Barking and Dagenham College, Metro Bank, London City and Airport Wincanton Records Management.
You may also want to watch:
Sominder Panesar, director of Prontaprint Barking, said: “An event like this is a brilliant idea. You need more trade between local businesses and the expo is a good way of encouraging this.
“It’s also gives businesses the opportunity to showcase their services in a way they might not otherwise have the chance to.”
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
One of the organisers of the event was the Barking and Dagenham Chamber of Commerce.
Mary Clements, events marketing managers at the commerce said: “It was a very positive day and showed how many fantastic businesses we have on our doorstep.
Archant, publishers of the Post, were media partners.
To see more photos click on the picture gallery link below.