Almost 2,000 express interest in jobs at MSG Sphere
- Credit: MSG
Almost 2,000 people have registered an interest in working at an entertainment hub which is still at the planning stage.
More than 50 per cent of those keen for a job at the MSG Sphere in Stratford are from Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Hackney, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
Jayne McGivern, MSG Entertainment’s president of development and construction, said: "We are delighted so many people have already expressed interest in future careers at MSG Sphere.
"The project will support thousands of jobs across all levels and skill-sets, and deliver significant benefits for the local and London economy."
The venue's backers calculate during each year of construction, MSG Sphere would support up to 4,300 jobs - 1,000 on site and 3,300 in the supply chain.
You may also want to watch:
Once open, MSG Sphere would support 3,200 jobs each year, according to the company.
But Stop the MSG campaigners object to the plans citing concerns over light pollution, noise and transport pressures. Newham Council is also against the development.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
Planning applications for the scheme will be decided by London Legacy Development Corporation's planning committee although the date has not been set.