Year's supply of trainers up for grabs with JD Sports opening in Stratford
- Credit: Ken Mears
A year's supply of trainers is up for grabs as a new JD Sports shop opens in Stratford.
The retailer is due to open a store at Westfield Stratford City on Saturday, October 2.
On the first floor of the shopping centre, this will be JD Sports' second offering at Westfield, with an existing branch on the ground floor which opened in 2011.
JD Sports says there will be technology on offer to allow shoppers access to a website with style tips, product news, influencer content and, potentially, win the year's supply of trainers.
The first 250 customers who spend more than £100 on Saturday and Sunday for the first two weekends will receive Nando's vouchers and basketball caps.
A live DJ performance will run each Saturday and Sunday over five weekends.
A JD Sports spokesperson said: “We’re extremely pleased to open a new JD store at Westfield Stratford City.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 3 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 4 'Staffing crisis' means children's hospice cannot offer end of life care
- 5 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 6 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 7 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 8 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 9 'Never limit ourselves': Dance school reaches 18 years of success
- 10 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
"We’re looking forward to providing the best experience for customers."
The store's opening will generate 110 jobs for people in Stratford, according to the company.