Year's supply of trainers up for grabs with JD Sports opening in Stratford
- Credit: Ken Mears
A year's supply of trainers is up for grabs as a new JD Sports shop opens in Stratford.
The retailer is due to open a store at Westfield Stratford City on Saturday, October 2.
On the first floor of the shopping centre, this will be JD Sports' second offering at Westfield, with an existing branch on the ground floor which opened in 2011.
JD Sports says there will be technology on offer to allow shoppers access to a website with style tips, product news, influencer content and, potentially, win the year's supply of trainers.
The first 250 customers who spend more than £100 on Saturday and Sunday for the first two weekends will receive Nando's vouchers and basketball caps.
You may also want to watch:
A live DJ performance will run each Saturday and Sunday over five weekends.
A JD Sports spokesperson said: “We’re extremely pleased to open a new JD store at Westfield Stratford City.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 5 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 6 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 7 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 8 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 9 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
"We’re looking forward to providing the best experience for customers."
The store's opening will generate 110 jobs for people in Stratford, according to the company.