Clapton microbakery Charles Artisan Bread opens new site in Stratford
- Credit: Charles Artisan Bread
A popular Clapton microbakery has opened a second site in Stratford.
The new Charles Artisan Bread on Abercrombie Road in the Chobham Manor neighbourhood offers "simple, honest and no fuss freshly-baked goods", it says.
Located in front of Lee Valley VeloPark, the store offers a range of sourdough breads and handmade pastries, plus other east London products, with an on-site bakery set to open in autumn.
Charles Artisan Bread owner and head baker Daniel Burke said: “After the increasing success of our small microbakery in Clapton and the support of all our customers, we thought it was the perfect moment to take the next step and spread our delicious croissants and sourdough bread further east, in Stratford.
"We’re extremely excited and we can’t wait to meet all locals and visitors."
The bakery says it makes every loaf and pastry using natural ingredients and without additives.
A slow, 24-hour fermentation process means it produces a limited number of goods each day.
- 1 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 2 Ex-nurse laid decomposing 'on display' after Met Police searches missed body in flat
- 3 Leyton Orient claim second successive League Two win at Crawley
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 Coroner slams 'scandalous' failures after woman laid dead for two years
- 6 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 7 Motorist who 'appeared to be driving at other vehicles' in Essex arrested
- 8 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 9 Boys locked up for murdering 14-year-old Fares Maatou
- 10 Man in critical condition after stabbing in Custom House
The bakery also stocks products such as honey from Hackney Garden Honey, I am Nut Ok vegan cheese, sauces from Dalston Chillies and other delicatessen.
Charles Artisan Bread is open daily from 8am until 3pm on Abercrombie Road, E20 1FU.