Businesses urged to help Newham charities with furniture give-away
Businesses in Newham are urged to help the borough’s charities by donating unwanted office items.
Give or Take Day aims to help needy community groups or small start-up businesses. The initiative will also ensure waste is diverted from landfill sites.
Items could include office chairs, desks, filing cabinets, unused stationary, tables, bookshelves and business books.
To take part business should email email@example.com by 5pm May 17. Free collection of goods is offered.
Meanwhile groups are urged to email Clare Matheson and register for a special viewing event on May 24.
You may also want to watch:
All must be located in, or affiliated to, Newham.
Full details on website: www.ukbusinessrecycling.com
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff felt his side deserved Barrow victory