Businesses urged to help Newham charities with furniture give-away
Businesses in Newham are urged to help the borough’s charities by donating unwanted office items.
Give or Take Day aims to help needy community groups or small start-up businesses. The initiative will also ensure waste is diverted from landfill sites.
Items could include office chairs, desks, filing cabinets, unused stationary, tables, bookshelves and business books.
To take part business should email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm May 17. Free collection of goods is offered.
Meanwhile groups are urged to email Clare Matheson and register for a special viewing event on May 24.
You may also want to watch:
All must be located in, or affiliated to, Newham.
Full details on website: www.ukbusinessrecycling.com
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 10 Charity provides free breakfasts for 561 vulnerable families over half term