Businesses urged to help Newham charities with furniture give-away
Businesses in Newham are urged to help the borough’s charities by donating unwanted office items.
Give or Take Day aims to help needy community groups or small start-up businesses. The initiative will also ensure waste is diverted from landfill sites.
Items could include office chairs, desks, filing cabinets, unused stationary, tables, bookshelves and business books.
To take part business should email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm May 17. Free collection of goods is offered.
Meanwhile groups are urged to email Clare Matheson and register for a special viewing event on May 24.
You may also want to watch:
All must be located in, or affiliated to, Newham.
Full details on website: www.ukbusinessrecycling.com
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash