Businesses urged to help Newham charities with furniture give-away
Businesses in Newham are urged to help the borough’s charities by donating unwanted office items.
Give or Take Day aims to help needy community groups or small start-up businesses. The initiative will also ensure waste is diverted from landfill sites.
Items could include office chairs, desks, filing cabinets, unused stationary, tables, bookshelves and business books.
To take part business should email email@example.com by 5pm May 17. Free collection of goods is offered.
Meanwhile groups are urged to email Clare Matheson and register for a special viewing event on May 24.
You may also want to watch:
All must be located in, or affiliated to, Newham.
Full details on website: www.ukbusinessrecycling.com
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Woman injured in 'serious incident' at King George V DLR station