Businesses donate £21k to grant-making charity that helps Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Businesses have collectively contributed more than £21,000 to grant-making charity East End Community Foundation.
The money will support its Newham Giving scheme, a fund for children’s summer activities in the borough.
The contributions of Ahmadiyya Muslim Elders Association, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Clifford Chance LLP, Paddy Power Betfair and TD Securities, totalling £21,499, means more than 160 extra children will benefit from activities this summer.
Newham Giving is a giving fund made up of donors supporting community projects in the borough, providing a lifeline to families struggling to provide activities for children and young people during the school holidays.
Tracey Walsh, chief executive of East End Community Foundation, said, “By working together, we can have a greater impact than many independent organisations, and with the support of other local businesses we hope to expand the programme to provide half-term and Easter holiday activities, as well as summer projects.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit eastendcf.charitycheckout.co.uk/NewhamGiving to make a donation.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0