Businesses donate £21k to grant-making charity that helps Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Businesses have collectively contributed more than £21,000 to grant-making charity East End Community Foundation.
The money will support its Newham Giving scheme, a fund for children’s summer activities in the borough.
The contributions of Ahmadiyya Muslim Elders Association, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Clifford Chance LLP, Paddy Power Betfair and TD Securities, totalling £21,499, means more than 160 extra children will benefit from activities this summer.
Newham Giving is a giving fund made up of donors supporting community projects in the borough, providing a lifeline to families struggling to provide activities for children and young people during the school holidays.
Tracey Walsh, chief executive of East End Community Foundation, said, “By working together, we can have a greater impact than many independent organisations, and with the support of other local businesses we hope to expand the programme to provide half-term and Easter holiday activities, as well as summer projects.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit eastendcf.charitycheckout.co.uk/NewhamGiving to make a donation.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years