Businesses donate £21k to grant-making charity that helps Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Businesses have collectively contributed more than £21,000 to grant-making charity East End Community Foundation.
The money will support its Newham Giving scheme, a fund for children’s summer activities in the borough.
The contributions of Ahmadiyya Muslim Elders Association, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Clifford Chance LLP, Paddy Power Betfair and TD Securities, totalling £21,499, means more than 160 extra children will benefit from activities this summer.
Newham Giving is a giving fund made up of donors supporting community projects in the borough, providing a lifeline to families struggling to provide activities for children and young people during the school holidays.
Tracey Walsh, chief executive of East End Community Foundation, said, “By working together, we can have a greater impact than many independent organisations, and with the support of other local businesses we hope to expand the programme to provide half-term and Easter holiday activities, as well as summer projects.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit eastendcf.charitycheckout.co.uk/NewhamGiving to make a donation.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 5 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections