Businesses donate £21k to grant-making charity that helps Newham residents
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Businesses have collectively contributed more than £21,000 to grant-making charity East End Community Foundation.
The money will support its Newham Giving scheme, a fund for children’s summer activities in the borough.
The contributions of Ahmadiyya Muslim Elders Association, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Clifford Chance LLP, Paddy Power Betfair and TD Securities, totalling £21,499, means more than 160 extra children will benefit from activities this summer.
Newham Giving is a giving fund made up of donors supporting community projects in the borough, providing a lifeline to families struggling to provide activities for children and young people during the school holidays.
Tracey Walsh, chief executive of East End Community Foundation, said, “By working together, we can have a greater impact than many independent organisations, and with the support of other local businesses we hope to expand the programme to provide half-term and Easter holiday activities, as well as summer projects.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit eastendcf.charitycheckout.co.uk/NewhamGiving to make a donation.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham