Businesses celebrate this year’s success at Thames Gateway Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Last night businesses from across east London and Essex came together to honour the winners of the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2016.
Held in the luxurious surroundings of Canary Wharf’s East Wintergarden and hosted by none other than BBC business journalist Declan Curry, the night saw our panel of expert judges reveal who had won each of the highly-coveted awards.
Among the 12 awards on offer were Employer of the Year, a Customer Service Award and Small, Medium and Large Businesses of the Year.
The winner of this year’s Judges Award, which comes with the added bonus of £12,000 free advertising across Archant titles, was Trevor Blackman of Ape Media.
He was so thrilled upon accepting the award he asked to speak briefly.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you,” he told the crowd. “I’ve never won anything in my life!”
The event was also raising money for three specially-selected charities doing vital work across east London and Essex, Haven House Children’s Hospice, Richard House Children’s Hospice and Havens Hospices.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
Through a charity raffle and auction, those attending on the night managed to raise more than £2,500 for them.
A full report on the night’s winners, with exclusive reaction from many of them, will be online on Monday and available in next week’s newspapers.