Businesses celebrate this year’s success at Thames Gateway Business Awards
- Credit: Archant
Last night businesses from across east London and Essex came together to honour the winners of the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2016.
Held in the luxurious surroundings of Canary Wharf’s East Wintergarden and hosted by none other than BBC business journalist Declan Curry, the night saw our panel of expert judges reveal who had won each of the highly-coveted awards.
Among the 12 awards on offer were Employer of the Year, a Customer Service Award and Small, Medium and Large Businesses of the Year.
The winner of this year’s Judges Award, which comes with the added bonus of £12,000 free advertising across Archant titles, was Trevor Blackman of Ape Media.
He was so thrilled upon accepting the award he asked to speak briefly.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you,” he told the crowd. “I’ve never won anything in my life!”
The event was also raising money for three specially-selected charities doing vital work across east London and Essex, Haven House Children’s Hospice, Richard House Children’s Hospice and Havens Hospices.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 6 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 9 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 10 Woman injured in 'serious incident' at King George V DLR station
Through a charity raffle and auction, those attending on the night managed to raise more than £2,500 for them.
A full report on the night’s winners, with exclusive reaction from many of them, will be online on Monday and available in next week’s newspapers.