Business expert gives company in Plaistow a huge boost
- Credit: John Cassidy The Headshot Guy®
Retail entrepreneur Theo Paphitis has given a Plaistow company a significant boost on Twitter
The small business champion, who is chairman of Ryman Stationery, Robert Dyas and Boux Avenue, picked Problem Solving Company Limited as one of his six weekly winners to gain a retweet during his Small Business Sunday initiative.
Owner Janice B Gordon tweeted Theo about her free online training for entrepreneurs and ended up being one of the winners of the project, which was originally started to support small businesses in 2010.
“It was a complete surprise as this is the final SBS of 2016 and so I really was not expecting this Christmas gift,” Janice said.
“It is great to have support from Theo because it raises my profile and helps spread the word about what I do to his following.”
You may also want to watch:
Since Theo’s retweet, which reached 500,000 followers, Janice has been getting more than 100 followers a day and her free online course, How to Create Opportunities with Your Personality, has received extra orders.
Theo Paphitis said: “We are thrilled to welcome new SBS members every week and highlight just how important it is to support our small businesses here in the UK.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 7 Sir David Amess remembered as 'loved husband, father, MP and St Bon's boy'
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 10 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
“My vision is that everyone who has ever won a SBS retweet from me becomes part of a friendly club, like-minded individuals who can share successes and learnings.
“The website and shop SBS will also give a valuable profile to the winners chosen and I wish Problem Solving Company Ltd every success.”
Visit theproblem-solver.com for more information.