Business expert gives company in Plaistow a huge boost
- Credit: John Cassidy The Headshot Guy®
Retail entrepreneur Theo Paphitis has given a Plaistow company a significant boost on Twitter
The small business champion, who is chairman of Ryman Stationery, Robert Dyas and Boux Avenue, picked Problem Solving Company Limited as one of his six weekly winners to gain a retweet during his Small Business Sunday initiative.
Owner Janice B Gordon tweeted Theo about her free online training for entrepreneurs and ended up being one of the winners of the project, which was originally started to support small businesses in 2010.
“It was a complete surprise as this is the final SBS of 2016 and so I really was not expecting this Christmas gift,” Janice said.
“It is great to have support from Theo because it raises my profile and helps spread the word about what I do to his following.”
You may also want to watch:
Since Theo’s retweet, which reached 500,000 followers, Janice has been getting more than 100 followers a day and her free online course, How to Create Opportunities with Your Personality, has received extra orders.
Theo Paphitis said: “We are thrilled to welcome new SBS members every week and highlight just how important it is to support our small businesses here in the UK.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 10 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
“My vision is that everyone who has ever won a SBS retweet from me becomes part of a friendly club, like-minded individuals who can share successes and learnings.
“The website and shop SBS will also give a valuable profile to the winners chosen and I wish Problem Solving Company Ltd every success.”
Visit theproblem-solver.com for more information.