Business as usual for Newham patients despite action by GPs
Health bosses in Newham have said it will be business as usual for urgent and emergency cases despite doctors plans to take industrial action tomorrow
As many as 100,000 GPs who are members of the British Medical Association are expeced to act over the Government’s controversial pension reforms.
However health bosses at Barts Health NHS Trust have said all urgent or emergency cases will be seen as normal, although some routine appointments and surgery will need to be rescheduled.
Tomorrow the majority of GP surgeries will be open as usual and providing a normal service. The remainder will open with a reduced service, such as fewer routine appointments.
Anyone who needs to see a GP urgently will still be able to do so, by calling to make an appointment in the usual way or by going to the surgery. Patients with pre-booked GP appointments are urged to attend as normal, unless they are told otherwise by the surgery and advised otherwise.
You may also want to watch:
Those with hospital appointments at Barts Health on Thursday or Friday for routine surgery or non-urgent appointments can attend as normal unless they hear otherwise from staff. Those whose appointments are cancelled will be re-scheduled.
Inpatients will continue to be treated in hospital, although some non-urgent elective surgery may be re-scheduled. All urgent operations, procedures and treatment will go ahead as normal.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
All A&E and Emergency departments at Whipps Cross, Newham, The Royal London and The London Chest will be running as normal on Thursday.