Business set for EXPO showcase
Exhibition aims to lift economic gloom
A HUGE event to help drive East London businesses out of the economic gloom will feature dozens of exhibitors, free seminars and vital advice and information on financial services.
The first annual EXPO event on October 19 is not to be missed, said Jamie Banks, Chairman of the organising committee, as it targets the needs of the 30,000-strong business community, who will get help to succeed and grow.
He is expecting to welcome hundreds of the region’s business owners and managers to Sanofi-Anentris plant in Rainham Road South, Dagenham to the fair sponsored by Archant London, publishers of this newspaper.
They will find: A free ‘meet the buyer’ event to help small and medium sized companies to secure business with large contractors; seminars throughout the day at hourly intervals, covering a wide range of topics essential success.
You may also want to watch:
These will include: How to get the best from an Internet Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Effective Networking, Employment Law Updating, Raising Finance, and Acquiring Business Support.
And they are all free.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 School in Stratford unveils mural tribute to Marcus Rashford
Mary Clements, Events and Marketing Manager for Barking & Dagenham Chamber of Commerce, says registering in advance will ensure a place, as this activity is expected to be popular,
Two of the day’s sessions will be given over to helping businesses prepare themselves to deal with buyers, with a motivational speaker to help sellers to get the best out of their sales and marketing opportunities, and technical guidance on how to prepare a tender.
In the evening there will be a free networking event in the EXPO marquee, and registration is also advised for this as numbers will be limited.
Mr Banks said that EXPO will raise the profile of East London and its strong and growing business base. “Everyone with a business, or an interest in doing business, in the area should attend,” he urged.
Information and registration can be found at www.eastlondonexpo.co.uk
The main part of the EXPO will run from 10 am to 6 pm, and then conclude with the evening networking event from 6 pm to 8 pm.
The venue has excellent car parking and is accessible by public transport. There will be free tea and coffee on the day for all. A cash bar and snack service will also be provided. There will be much else going on that will be of interest to visitors, including periodic business card prize draws.