Bus with business advisers stopping at University of East London
A double-decker bus will stop at University of East London today (October 24) to offer advice to the rising number of students trying to start their own business.
A team of entrepreneurs, business authors and experts from the national enterprise campaign StartUp Britain will be onboard at the Docklands Campus, opposite Cyprus DLR station, from 2.30 to 5.30pm.
The idea is to point out available business support, funding and specialist mentors while offering students the chance to speak to successful entrepreneurs.
The generation which grew up over the millennium have an unprecedented entrepreneurial spirit with almost one-third of 20 to 29-years-old wanting to start their own business, according to a recent report. The number of people in this age group setting up their own companies has risen by 50 per cent in the last year alone.
StartUp Britain co-founder Emma Jones said: “Reports suggest this boom in entrepreneurialism is down to the millennial generation grasping both the power of modern technology and the internet. These young people represent part of the future of business and our economic prosperity —that’s why it’s so important to offer them support by delivering the message that they can set up a business.”
You may also want to watch:
The visit is part of a UK bus tour which will take in 40 universities and further education colleges across the UK.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 4 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House