Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- Credit: Kris Barlow
A bus was left badly damaged after a crash in Stratford.
The route 238 bus to Barking was travelling down Great Eastern Road about 11am yesterday (August 3) when it crashed at the junction with High Street.
Photos appear to show the bus mounted the pavement before crashing into a lamp post, damaging the front of the vehicle.
Transport for London (TfL) said there were no reported injuries.
It is unclear whether any other vehicle was involved.
You may also want to watch:
A TfL spokesperson said: “We are aware that a bus collision occurred in Stratford yesterday, where thankfully no-one was injured.
"We are working with Stagecoach, the operator, to establish what happened.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa