Burnley goalkeeper joins Orient on loan
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
O’s boost goalkeeping options with loan signing of Alex Cisak.
Leyton Orient have signed Burnley goalkeeper Alex Cisak on loan until March 9.
The 25-year-old had been on loan with League Two side York City earlier in the season playing 10 games for the Minstermen.
And the O’s have strengthened their goalkeeping options with the loan arrival of the Polish-born Australian after losing Adam Legzdins to a dislocated shoulder in the Boxing Day win over Crawley Town.
Since then, youngster Charlie Grainger has been the back-up to Gary Woods, who made a fumble which led to Scunthorpe’s second goal in their 4-1 win over the O’s on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Cisak spent two years with Oldham Athletic, before linking up with then Championship side Burnley, where he has made two appearances to date, and could feature in as many as eight games for the O’s in his initial loan spell.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?