Building work set to begin on International Quarter next to Olympic Park
- Credit: submitted
Land earmarked for a £2bn development next to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park has officially been handed over to developers this week.
The International Quarter, dubbed the last piece in the jigsaw of Stratford City, will provide four million square feet of flexible workspace either side of Stratford Station.
The 22 acre site will also feature 350 homes, a hotel and convenience retail, and provide 25,000 jobs from company directors to office cleaners.
One part of the 22 acre site will sit where the security entry to the park was located, next to Westfield shopping centre, during the Games and the other on old brownfield industrial land.
The development is a joint venture between Lend Lease, an international property and infrastructure group, and London and Continental Railways, a government owned company, also involved with the regeneration of Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
Project Director for The International Quarter, Matt Beasley, said the handover “marked a major step forward. “We now have the keys and are building momentum,” he said.
UEFA, the football governing body for Europe, is holding a free four-day football celebration at site of The International Quarter from May 23 to 26 to coincide with the UEFA Champions League Final at Wembley Stadium on May 25.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 4 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
A horse show jumping championships, the Global Champions Tour, will be staged at The International Quarter in June.