Budgie spotted trying to get a lift
This budgie’s attempts at hitching a ride on a passenger jet was foiled by eagle-eyed staff at London City Airport.
The budgerigar was rescued and re-homed last week after flying into the landing gear of an E190 aircraft.
Airport safety and operations staff saw the budgie trying to hitch a lift on the aircraft and jumped into action.
They shut down the aircraft’s engines and captured the little bird. Although they tried to find his owner, they were unsuccessful and he has been temporarily housed at an employee relative’s aviary in East Ham.
Reports confirm that he is thriving in his new environment but the budgie’s new foster family are prepared to return their newest addition if his owner comes forward.
You may also want to watch:
So if you recognise the budgie or are his owner, contact the airport.
- 1 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 7 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 8 Pearce believes camaraderie has given West Ham a chance of making Europe
- 9 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 10 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result