Budding Manor Park actor hopes to follow in Idris’ footsteps
- Credit: Archant
A Manor Park drama graduate is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Idris Elba and Chiwetel Ejiofor to become Newham’s next hot actor.
Stanley Karikari, who recently graduated from East 15 Acting school, has uploaded a series of short films to YouTube and has his fingers crossed that they will propel him into stardom.
The 22-year-old, who lives in Jack Cornwell Street, says there are limited ways to get seen but hopes his efforts will make him stand out from other budding actors.
“I think it is quite difficult for young black actors not to typecast based on their skin colour,” he said.
“I’ve decided to go down a different avenue and do something for myself.”
You may also want to watch:
The short films, some of which he directs as well as starring in, have been made alongside his friends including a mate who he has known since they were both students at Little Ilford School.
To watch the films, search for Stanley Karikari on YouTube.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers
- 8 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 9 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford