Budding Manor Park actor hopes to follow in Idris’ footsteps
- Credit: Archant
A Manor Park drama graduate is hoping to follow in the footsteps of Idris Elba and Chiwetel Ejiofor to become Newham’s next hot actor.
Stanley Karikari, who recently graduated from East 15 Acting school, has uploaded a series of short films to YouTube and has his fingers crossed that they will propel him into stardom.
The 22-year-old, who lives in Jack Cornwell Street, says there are limited ways to get seen but hopes his efforts will make him stand out from other budding actors.
“I think it is quite difficult for young black actors not to typecast based on their skin colour,” he said.
“I’ve decided to go down a different avenue and do something for myself.”
You may also want to watch:
The short films, some of which he directs as well as starring in, have been made alongside his friends including a mate who he has known since they were both students at Little Ilford School.
To watch the films, search for Stanley Karikari on YouTube.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 4 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Antonio 'surprised' to score West Ham winner against Tottenham
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines