Bruce Springsteen to headline Hard Rock Calling festival at Olympic Park today
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Boss is in town today to headline the second day of the Hard Rock Calling Festival at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is set to take to the main stage, the Bandstand, just after 7pm this evening.
Other artists performing at the Bandstand from 1pm today include The Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes while a variety of acts will take to the two other stages.
Last night rockers Kasabian got the Park buzzing on what was a beautiful summer evening with a festival atmosphere reminiscent of last summer’s Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Playing a variety of some of their biggest hits such as Fire, Days are Forgetten and Reason is Treason accompanied by women playing the violin and a trumpet the band showed the breath of their music from raw electronic rock music to slower acoustic pieces.
You may also want to watch:
But lead singer Tom Meighan finished the evening off beautifully singing the Beatles track She Loves Me unaccompanied by any instruments, showing off the vocal range of his voice.
Tonight’s concert is set to finish around 11pm.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 3 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 West Ham start at Newcastle as Premier League fixtures released
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 8 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic