Bruce Springsteen to headline Hard Rock Calling festival at Olympic Park today
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The Boss is in town today to headline the second day of the Hard Rock Calling Festival at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is set to take to the main stage, the Bandstand, just after 7pm this evening.
Other artists performing at the Bandstand from 1pm today include The Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes while a variety of acts will take to the two other stages.
Last night rockers Kasabian got the Park buzzing on what was a beautiful summer evening with a festival atmosphere reminiscent of last summer’s Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Playing a variety of some of their biggest hits such as Fire, Days are Forgetten and Reason is Treason accompanied by women playing the violin and a trumpet the band showed the breath of their music from raw electronic rock music to slower acoustic pieces.
You may also want to watch:
But lead singer Tom Meighan finished the evening off beautifully singing the Beatles track She Loves Me unaccompanied by any instruments, showing off the vocal range of his voice.
Tonight’s concert is set to finish around 11pm.
- 1 Steven Fry stabbing: Man charged with murder to appear at Old Bailey
- 2 3D street art illusion brings Boleyn Ground to life
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Fire damages house in East Ham
- 5 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Canning Town charity marks fifth year with tributes to founder
- 8 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 9 Haircuts, flu jabs and health care: Event to link up homeless and vulnerable people with free support services
- 10 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case