Cycle hire scheme to expand across Newham
- Credit: © 2020 Andrew Baker
A cycle hire scheme is being expanded across Newham.
Two new Brompton bike hire sites are being set up near Manor Park and Forest Gate stations, while another opened by Maryland station last week.
Others already exist by Stratford and Royal Victoria Dock stations, and there are plans to install one close to Royal Albert station as well.
The folding bikes can be hired from any of the locations, with prices beginning at £3.50 for 24 hours.
Councillor James Asser, Cabinet Member for Environment, Highways and Sustainable Transport, said: “The Brompton bike hire scheme has been a great success since it first came to Newham.
You may also want to watch:
“We know there is demand for both cycling and for cycle hire and we are actively encouraging residents to take more sustainable travel options for getting around the borough, so it is only right that we make more bikes available to help them do so.”
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking