Cycle hire scheme to expand across Newham
- Credit: © 2020 Andrew Baker
A cycle hire scheme is being expanded across Newham.
Two new Brompton bike hire sites are being set up near Manor Park and Forest Gate stations, while another opened by Maryland station last week.
Others already exist by Stratford and Royal Victoria Dock stations, and there are plans to install one close to Royal Albert station as well.
The folding bikes can be hired from any of the locations, with prices beginning at £3.50 for 24 hours.
Councillor James Asser, Cabinet Member for Environment, Highways and Sustainable Transport, said: “The Brompton bike hire scheme has been a great success since it first came to Newham.
You may also want to watch:
“We know there is demand for both cycling and for cycle hire and we are actively encouraging residents to take more sustainable travel options for getting around the borough, so it is only right that we make more bikes available to help them do so.”
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 10 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover