Living next to the A13 gets you one of the fastest broadbands in London
- Credit: Rui Viera/PA
Two of the fastest streets in London for broadband connection are both just off the A13 in East Ham and Poplar, a nationwide survey has discovered.
You’ll find them along Central Park Road in East Ham, south of the Barking Road, and in Athol Square on Poplar’s Lansbury Estate by East India Dock Road right next to the Blackwall Tunnel entrance.
Central Park Road is super fast in London’s third place with a 107.12 Mbps speed, while Athol Square is seventh fastest with 67.75, according to the Uswitch.com survey.
But east London also has two of the slowest broadband connections, Serbin Close in Leytonstone and Belgrave Road in Walthamstow.
At least they’re not as bad as the slowest place anywhere in Britain, a street in Weybridge, Surrey, where it takes the unfortunate households 119 hours to download a two-hour HD film. It takes the fastest street in the country, in Warrington, Cheshire, just one minute 20 seconds to download the same film.
You may also want to watch:
“The fastest place is 5,000 times quicker than the slowest,” Ernest Doku at Uswitch revealed. “A good connection is important, with millions working from home and streaming more TV.”
The survey, ironically, also shows that faster broadband is accessible in seven of the 10 slowest streets.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 8 Blind protester jailed for plane stunt at London City Aiport
- 9 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency