BREAKING NEWS:Police probe woman’s death
Newham detectives have launched an investigation after a woman was found dead at a house in East Ham yesterday.
Officers were called at 12.54 on Tuesday to a reports of a woman assaulted at an address in Kempton Road.
They found the victim, aged in her 20s, dead at the scene.
Although detectives believe they know her identity, they have not released any details as they have to yet inform her family.
A post-mortem was due to take place East Ham Mortuary today.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened under Detective Chief Inspector Laurence Smith from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command (HSCC) on (020) 8345 3734.
A 45-year-old man has been arrested and is in custody at an east London police station. Officers are not thought to be looking for anyone else.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley