BREAKING NEWS:Murder probe launched after lad, 16, found shot dead in Plaistow street
A MURDER inquiry has been launched after a teenager was found shot dead in Newham this morning.
The 16-year-old was discovered in Chesterton Road, Plaistow, in the early hours.
Police were called at 3.20am, after reports of gunshots being fired were made. They also found a 15-year-old boy at the scene with bullet wounds. He is being treated in a hospital, where his condition is described as “critical”.
Scotland Yard said the killing is being investigated by Operation Trident - then unit dedicated to tackling gun crime within black communities in the capital.
Next of kin have been informed of the tragedy though a formal identification has not taken place. A post mortem will take place later.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the shooting may not have taken place in Chesterton Road.
Police have also sealed off Suffolk Road, Plaistow.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake