BREAKING NEWS:Murder probe launched after lad, 16, found shot dead in Plaistow street
A MURDER inquiry has been launched after a teenager was found shot dead in Newham this morning.
The 16-year-old was discovered in Chesterton Road, Plaistow, in the early hours.
Police were called at 3.20am, after reports of gunshots being fired were made. They also found a 15-year-old boy at the scene with bullet wounds. He is being treated in a hospital, where his condition is described as “critical”.
Scotland Yard said the killing is being investigated by Operation Trident - then unit dedicated to tackling gun crime within black communities in the capital.
Next of kin have been informed of the tragedy though a formal identification has not taken place. A post mortem will take place later.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the shooting may not have taken place in Chesterton Road.
Police have also sealed off Suffolk Road, Plaistow.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 3 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Jackett 'frustrated' with Mansfield Town draw
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 10 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa