BREAKING NEWS:Murder probe launched after lad, 16, found shot dead in Plaistow street
A MURDER inquiry has been launched after a teenager was found shot dead in Newham this morning.
The 16-year-old was discovered in Chesterton Road, Plaistow, in the early hours.
Police were called at 3.20am, after reports of gunshots being fired were made. They also found a 15-year-old boy at the scene with bullet wounds. He is being treated in a hospital, where his condition is described as “critical”.
Scotland Yard said the killing is being investigated by Operation Trident - then unit dedicated to tackling gun crime within black communities in the capital.
Next of kin have been informed of the tragedy though a formal identification has not taken place. A post mortem will take place later.
You may also want to watch:
It is understood the shooting may not have taken place in Chesterton Road.
Police have also sealed off Suffolk Road, Plaistow.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 5 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 9 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 10 School in Stratford unveils mural tribute to Marcus Rashford