BREAKING NEWS: Murder hunt launched by police
DETECTIVES have launched a murder hunt following the death of a father of four a day after he was attacked by a gang.
Mr Sellathurai Easwaran, 40, was found at his home in St Winefride’s Avenue, Manor Park, on Sunday November 7 at 11.20am. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A post mortem examination held later at East Ham Mortuary gave the cause of death as head injuries.
Police believe he had been assaulted outside Akgul Foodstores, a 24-hour shop in Barking Road, East Ham, some time around 2.30am on Saturday.
Officers driving by on routine patrol spotted him lying on the ground at 3am and took him to Newham General Hospital. Plaistow. He left later that morning and returned home.
Detectives are studying CCTV footage but now believe that Mr Easwaran had been involved in some sort of argument with up to four males outside the store shortly before he was found. It is not clear if he had been robbed.
You may also want to watch:
The four are thought to be aged in their late teens to early twenties and were wearing either hoods or baseball caps.
An incident room has opened at Barking Police Station on (020) 8345 3982.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow