BREAKING NEWS: Fear of massive job losses if Royal Mail switch work
Union claims East London Centre is to close
ROYAL Mail is to close the huge East London Mail Centre at Stratford with hundreds of job losses, claimed the postal union..
The 700-strong workforce at the centre in Twelvetrees Crescent it serves the whole of East and North London including the biggest financial district at Canary Wharf, the Olympics project and the fast growing London gateway development - was told of the plans last month, said the Communication Workers Union Processing today.
Representative, Angie Mulcahy described the decision as “corporate bullying and not on any sound financial or business rationale”.
It is believed work from East London will be switched to the Romford Mail Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Mail, which refused to comment, is expected to make an official statement later today.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show