BREAKING NEWS: Fear of massive job losses if Royal Mail switch work
Union claims East London Centre is to close
ROYAL Mail is to close the huge East London Mail Centre at Stratford with hundreds of job losses, claimed the postal union..
The 700-strong workforce at the centre in Twelvetrees Crescent it serves the whole of East and North London including the biggest financial district at Canary Wharf, the Olympics project and the fast growing London gateway development - was told of the plans last month, said the Communication Workers Union Processing today.
Representative, Angie Mulcahy described the decision as “corporate bullying and not on any sound financial or business rationale”.
It is believed work from East London will be switched to the Romford Mail Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Mail, which refused to comment, is expected to make an official statement later today.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says