BREAKING NEWS: Fear of massive job losses if Royal Mail switch work
Union claims East London Centre is to close
ROYAL Mail is to close the huge East London Mail Centre at Stratford with hundreds of job losses, claimed the postal union..
The 700-strong workforce at the centre in Twelvetrees Crescent it serves the whole of East and North London including the biggest financial district at Canary Wharf, the Olympics project and the fast growing London gateway development - was told of the plans last month, said the Communication Workers Union Processing today.
Representative, Angie Mulcahy described the decision as “corporate bullying and not on any sound financial or business rationale”.
It is believed work from East London will be switched to the Romford Mail Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Mail, which refused to comment, is expected to make an official statement later today.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Half of people in Newham may have had Covid-19, analysis reveals