Boos were just frustration of Hammers fans
- Credit: EMPICS Sport
Hammers legend TC joins the boo-boys debate
Monday’s victory over Sunderland makes us safe as far as I am concerned and I have to say it was a very professional performance by the Hammers.
We rode our luck a little bit as they could have had a penalty and there were a few nervy moments, but for me it was a story about two players.
I have always been a fan of Adam Johnson and he is their top scorer so I just couldn’t understand why he was only on the bench. He looked so good when he came on, scored a superb goal and if he had been on from the start it could have been a different story.
The other player to make a difference was Andy Carroll of course. He scored a great goal, simply because he wanted it more than anyone else and if he carries on like that, Roy Hodgson will have a tough decision to make for his World Cup squad.
You may also want to watch:
I think he will only take four strikers to Brazil and if three of them are Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge and Jermain Defoe then it is between Carroll, Danny Welbeck, Jay Rodriguez and Rickie Lambert – I would take Carroll.
I have to say something about the boos following the win over Hull City last Wednesday.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
I have been in teams booed off after defeats or even draws at Upton Park, but never after a win!
I was at the game and I have to say that the Hammers were pretty terrible and 10-man Hull City deserved to win the game.
When you are paying £40 or £50 to watch, then I think you are entitled to boo the team and I don’t think that Sam’s reaction helped the matter either.
I really don’t think the boos were directed at the manager, I think it was just frustration from the fans more than anything.
Liverpool clash will be a cracker
The visit of Liverpool is always one to look forward to and I can’t wait for the match.
These are the sorts of games you look forward to as a player, the ones where you are really up for it and I think West Ham can give them a real game on Sunday.
I have been saying it will be Chelsea’s title all season, but you have to say that Liverpool have been superb this season.
With the likes of Luis Suarez, Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge and that is not even mentioning Stevie Gerrard they are packed with exciting players.
But West Ham have scuppered Manchester United’s title charge a couple of times and they are certainly capable of doing the same to Liverpool this weekend.
I will be at the game on Sunday and I think the Hammers can play with some freedom as they are now all but safe.
I fancy Andy Carroll to score against his old club, so I am going for a 2-2 draw.
Come on you Irons!