Books giveaway at Woodgrange Market in Forest Gate
Free books will be given away at Woodgrange Market tomorrow to mark World Book Night.
The market, on the corner of Woodgrange Road and Sebert Road in Forest Gate, will allow shoppers to pick up a good read by giving away free novels as part of the World Book Night celebrations.
World Book Night provides free books as a way of introducing people to literature they may not choose for themselves.
Trading since December, the community market now opens every Saturday selling street food, crafts, antiques from 10am to 4pm.
Stalls have also increased to offer seasonal organic vegetables from a local farm, cheddar from Glastonbury, organic bread, olives, oils and vinegars, cold meats, Palestinian nut and oils, and second hand books to encourage more people to “shop local.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have been led to believe that Woodgrange Market is not the first of its kind to trade on the site and they are looking for readers who know more about the previous market to contact them at email@example.com or visit their community blog at woodgrangemarketplace.blogspot.com.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley