Books giveaway at Woodgrange Market in Forest Gate
Free books will be given away at Woodgrange Market tomorrow to mark World Book Night.
The market, on the corner of Woodgrange Road and Sebert Road in Forest Gate, will allow shoppers to pick up a good read by giving away free novels as part of the World Book Night celebrations.
World Book Night provides free books as a way of introducing people to literature they may not choose for themselves.
Trading since December, the community market now opens every Saturday selling street food, crafts, antiques from 10am to 4pm.
Stalls have also increased to offer seasonal organic vegetables from a local farm, cheddar from Glastonbury, organic bread, olives, oils and vinegars, cold meats, Palestinian nut and oils, and second hand books to encourage more people to “shop local.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have been led to believe that Woodgrange Market is not the first of its kind to trade on the site and they are looking for readers who know more about the previous market to contact them at email@example.com or visit their community blog at woodgrangemarketplace.blogspot.com.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 4 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 5 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 6 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
- 7 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 10 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs