Books giveaway at Woodgrange Market in Forest Gate
Free books will be given away at Woodgrange Market tomorrow to mark World Book Night.
The market, on the corner of Woodgrange Road and Sebert Road in Forest Gate, will allow shoppers to pick up a good read by giving away free novels as part of the World Book Night celebrations.
World Book Night provides free books as a way of introducing people to literature they may not choose for themselves.
Trading since December, the community market now opens every Saturday selling street food, crafts, antiques from 10am to 4pm.
Stalls have also increased to offer seasonal organic vegetables from a local farm, cheddar from Glastonbury, organic bread, olives, oils and vinegars, cold meats, Palestinian nut and oils, and second hand books to encourage more people to “shop local.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers have been led to believe that Woodgrange Market is not the first of its kind to trade on the site and they are looking for readers who know more about the previous market to contact them at email@example.com or visit their community blog at woodgrangemarketplace.blogspot.com.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House